Will the store I am applying to, be able to see my shoplifting record? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Will the store I am applying to, be able to see my shoplifting record?

I was caught shoplifting 2 years ago. No arrests were made nor were the cops called. They only took down my SSN and my mom's, made us sign and let us go and that I'm not allowed in the store without adult supervision. A $200 civil case fine was paid. I have now applied to a baby store and they have considered me for a job after a background check. Will they be able to see any of the shoplifting record in the background check, if there is a record of it? Thank you.

Law Office of Richard Southard

Some merchants keep private databases of shoplifters that they share with other merchants. Therefore it's possible it will come up but since you were not arrested or charged with a crime, you have no shoplifting record.