What will happen if I miss JAG probation for a DUI? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

What will happen if I miss JAG probation for a DUI?

Will I be punished if I missed one day of DUI JAG probation due to having a stomach bug? I called my P.O. but got his voice mail I left a message the same day I was scheduled to report.

Answer By Jared Austin

Anytime you miss a requirement of your probation you run the risk of getting violated. However, you may have a good excuse. Keep trying to reach your PO and discuss the matter with him. If you feel you are being unfairly violated, you can always request a hearing and have a lawyer represent you.

Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP

Try to clear it with your probation officer before they file any violation. If your probation officer is satisfied and won't file a violation, you should be fine.

Smith & John

Your probation could be revoked, depending on what your probation officer wants to do.

The Sarbaugh Law Firm

I am not familiar with "JAG" probation, but would get in touch with your probation officer ASAP to make certain to address the issue promptly

Answer By Seth J. Bloom
Bloom Legal, LLC

There is no way to predict exactly what will happen. That will be up to your Probation Officer and the Court. If for some reason, your probation is violated and you need an attorney to fight it, contact Bloom Legal to schedule a free consultation.

Answer By Luke T. Pepper
LT Pepper Law

You should be ok. Explain to him you were sick and that you will not miss anymore appointments.

Answer By John Carney

You should always call your probation officer if you are sick or cannot attend a visit, and leave a message. If he is not there, you should ask for his supervisor or another PO and explain the situation to him. Then send a registered letter as proof to the court if you are violated since your PO can say that he never cot the message. You will almost never be violates for one missed visit, especially if you are sick and called, but a second missed visit or dirty urine test could cause the PO to violate you and the court could sentence you to a jail term or change the conditions of your probation. You might get a curfew or an extra year of probation, or you may just be warned by the court to make all your visits. Feel free to call for a free consultation anytime.

Answer By Terry Nelson

Its up to your PO to decide whether to violate you. If he does, you face return to jail/prison. I suggest you make real sure you reach him and discuss this and show your proof/excuse.

You will need to report this to your P.O. But if you make nice there should not be a problem.

First this response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However, as a general rule it is up to your PO as to whether he will have you charged with a violation of probation. In your case being sick is generally a good reason to not appear for a meeting as long as you called in. Since you did not speak to the PO but left a voice mail message as long as he got the message he probably will not violate you. You should call again to confirm that e got the message. Looking forward to hearing from you.