What will the D.A. more than likely offer me for cpcs? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

What will the D.A. more than likely offer me for cpcs?

I have two prior misdemeanors on my record. One of which was a reduced charge of something greater and the other I believe was dropped to a disorderly conduct. I've recently been arrested for cpcs in the 7th. First time drug charge ever. What will the D.A. more than likely offer me? Being that my last arrest was over 9 yrs ago.

What is cpcs? No one knows what the prosecutor will offer you.

It may depend on the circumstances, the nature of the drug and the amount. Possession of a small amount will likley result in a probated sentence and you being ordered to attend drug treatment. In many states there is now a drug court program for person with charges related to drugs. Check to see if such a program exists in the court where you are to appear and see if you qualify.

Answer By Terry Nelson

You can guess and speculate as well as I can. The honest answer is that no attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, evidence, police reports, expected testimony, priors history, etc. You are a three time offender, and should expect the prosecutor to seek jail time. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me. I?ll be happy to help fight this and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses there may be.

Answer By John Carney

You should retain a good criminal lawyer to handle the case and get the best possible disposition in the matter. You may be able to get drug court and if you complete the program the case will be dismissed. You may also plead to a misdemeanor and get probation or a fine. You should try to avoid a criminal record if possible as that will make it hard to get a decent job.

Probably PC1000 if you have no drug convictions.

Answer By Myles Hahn III

It depends on the details of your background.

Get a lawyer with your history they will likely ask for jail.

Answer By David Harrison
Miller & Harrison, LLC

You need to consult a local lawyer.

Answer By Craig Andersen

Probably a few days in jail.