What type of attorney do I need to sue a mortgage company? - Debt Resolution Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Free Answers to your Legal Questions by Lawyers.
ask »

What type of attorney do I need to sue a mortgage company?

We went through all the steps that Wells Fargo wanted us to do, and we were given different information every time we contacted them. Before we knew it, they had already processed us for foreclosure. We had to file for bankruptcy to save our house.

Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr.
Contact this Attorney Now

You should consult with a lawyer that specializes in consumer law, especially foreclosure defense. I know one in MA if that is where you are located.

Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 5/17/2013

Answer By Diane L. Drain
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
Contact this Attorney Now

Talk to your bankruptcy attorney.

Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 5/14/2013

Stacy Joel Safion, Esq.
Contact this Attorney Now

A real estate attorney. However the facts you listed does not give you a basis to sue a lender.

Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/14/2013

Answer By Darren Aronow
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
Contact this Attorney Now

Civil attorneys who specialize in mortgage companies but it is very expensive to sue a bank. You may want to look on line to see if you can find any class action lawsuits that you can get into.

Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/14/2013

Contact this Attorney Now

The first issue is whether your claim against Wells Fargo was scheduled as an asset in your bankruptcy. If it is not scheduled, you have no claim. If it is, consult your bankruptcy attorney to see if it can be exempted or abandoned. If there is a claim that is either exempted or abandoned, consult a consumer attorney.

Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/14/2013

© 2017 MH Sub I, LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | IB Cookie Policy