What does an Order Withholding Entry of Discharge? - Bankruptcy Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

What does an Order Withholding Entry of Discharge?

I received an Order Withholding Entry of Discharge. What does this mean?

The order means that the Court is delaying your discharge. You have probably been sent notices about the issue underlying this Order before. Have you completed the second credit briefing, on Financial Management? Or has your case Trustee or the US Trustee requested additional information or documents which you have not yet supplied? A skilled lawyer is almost always worth the investment. Meantime, why not call whoever signed the Order, likely the Clerk of Court, and ask?

Bjork Law Office

It could mean a lot of things, but probably that something is missing or wrong or undetermined in your case. Better to call your lawyer.

Answer By Ronald K. Nims

Somebody's been a bad girl (or boy). You didn't comply with the rules of the court and you're getting kicked out. Either you didn't file your second course certificate, your didn't make your fee installment payment or you didn't follow a court order. This is probably nothing that doing whatever you missed PLUS an absurdly expensive re-opening fee won't cure.

Answer By Janet Lawson

Well for some reason there is a delay in your discharge or a denial of discharge. Without seeing all the paperwork I can't answer this. You need to have local counsel look into this ASAP.

Answer By Dorothy G Bunce

Your bankruptcy did not eliminate your debts and was not successful. The most common reason that an order like this happens is because you did not complete all of the legal requirements of a bankruptcy, such as taking the second financial management class or filing the certificate showing that you completed this crucial class.

Answer By Marjorie Guymon

This means that you are not being granted a discharge. I highly recommend that you follow up with either your attorney or if no attorney the trustee to determine why your discharge is being withheld so that you can correct the problem and get your discharge.

Answer By Patrick Currin

It means your debts don't get to go away.

Answer By Michael Johnson
Law Office of Michael Johnson

You did not receive a discharge for some reason.