What do you do after being falsely accused of a bomb threat? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

What do you do after being falsely accused of a bomb threat?

Can employers really do this? Can I go to prison for something like this?

Answer By Jared Austin

The prosecutor will have to prove that you were the one doing it. Yes, it is a crime to report false bomb threats.

Law Offices of John J. Connors, Esq.

Only a competent lawyer can give you specific advice. The attorney would have to look over all reports and statements and evaluate your case. Yes you can go to jail for threats. That does not mean that you will be convicted or even if convicted, serve any time. Each case is specific.

If those accusations result in criminal charges, you would need to consult with an attorney to protect your rights.

Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan

Only if convicted.

Do not talk to anyone about the claim. Get an attorney right away.

Answer By Maury Beaulier

You should consult with counsel about your specific situation. YoIt can be charged as a criminal offense and, as a result, no statements should be made until you have legal counsel.

Yes. Hire a good attorney and investigator.

Answer By Thomas J. Tomko

As in any case, a person can be charged if there is evidence to believe that a crime was committed. The question is whether or not the charges can be proven at trial beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence needs to be evaluated with yoru attorney to determine whether a trial is appropriate or whether a different disposition is possible/appropriate. All criminal charges have a possibility of jail time. Your case would need to be evaluated, beginning with an understanding of the charges, together with the variables concerning the offense and your prior convictions to determine whether or not jail time would be likely at the time of any sentencing. You should consider hiring an attorney to represent you in this matter to discuss all of these things. I hope that this was helpful.

Answer By Robert J. Shane
Shane Law Office

The best thing to do would be not to make any statements to the police or other persons. There is always a risk of a jail sentence on a felony level offense. Please contact me for a free phone consultation.