What can I do about a bail bonds man harassing me? - DUI Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

What can I do about a bail bonds man harassing me?

I was arrested for DUI and released the next day. I made some calls to see what the bail situation was. After I was released, I got a phone call from a bail bonds man threatening to sue me and take me to jail. I never signed or agreed to anything. Is he allowed to do this?

Answer By Joseph Schramm

If you entered into no bail bond agreement with the person who threatened you, he cannot take you to jail or have you arrested. If you have the name and telephone number of the person who contacted you, you might wish to contact the court to see if this person actually is known as a legitimate bail bondsman.

Answer By Hudson Bair

If there is no contract between you and the bail bondsman, ask him/her to stop bugging you, if you made some sort of enforceable agreement with the bonding agent you should figure out how to settle it.

Did the person post your bail?? The answer to that makes a difference to my answer.

The 1st question is did the bail bondsman post bail for you? If so you are obligated to pay him. If he did post bail, he can revoke his posted bail if you do not pay your bill.

Milligan, Beswick, Levine, & Knox LLP

Did he bail you out?If not hang up and ignore

Answer By Jared Austin

First find out why he is doing this. Perhaps it is just a mistake or clerical error.

Answer By James Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith

Yes if you owe money.