My spine was messed up from an auto accident will I be compensated for that and if so how much? - Accident Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

My spine was messed up from an auto accident will I be compensated for that and if so how much?

I was hit from behind and knocked into the car in front of me. My chiropractor told me that my spine is out of line and I will have to get extensive therapy to get it right again.

Your case is worth what you can prove that you lost due to this horrific accident. If you were so badly hurt, you would need surgery, orthodontics, etc. Juries and insurance companies do not give a lot of weight to chiropractic treatment, so unless your doctor is one heck-of-a witness in court, do not get your hopes up. I recently hit an insurance company for over $300K for chiropractic bills; from personal experience, I can tell you that it is totally dependent upon the skills as a witness that your doctor possesses.

Be careful what chiro says. Many of them will tell you your spine is messed up and you will require their service for life. Get checked out in an orthopedic office to be sure of your health. If you have a serious injury get you a serious lawyer to help you.

Generally speaking you can collect for all your personal injuries caused by the impact, as well as various other items of damages. You would be well-advised to get a lawyer to represent your interests in gaining the largest possible settlement or, if necessary, judgment.

Timiney Law Firm

I am sorry to hear about your accident. When you are injured in an auto accident and another driver is at fault, you can make an injury claim with the at fault driver's insurance company for compensation for the injuries you suffered. In an injury claim, you are entitled to compensation for your medical damages, which include your medical bills and any out of pocket medical expenses you may have. You are also entitled to compensation for any lost wages from missed time from work and for your pain and suffering. Without knowing many specifics about your case it is impossible to give you a dollar value of your claim. Injury claims are based in part on the type of injury your suffered, the type and duration of your treatment, whether or not you have a permanent injury and what your medical bills are. It sounds like you may just be beginning your treatment so a lot of this may be unknown to you. I would caution you that insurance companies look down on chiropractic care and often times will not reimburse for a significant amount of chiropractic treatment, meaning probably 8 to 12 weeks maximum. I would strongly suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area.

Answer By Nicole Lahmani

Absolutely. You need an attorney who can help you through this process, speak to the insurance company, and get you evaluated by the proper doctors. How much compensation you receive will depend on the policy limits of the other driver, your own insurance, and who your lawyer is. I would be happy to help you through this.

Frank Law Group, P.C.

At this stage there is no way to determine the value of your case because sounds like your medical provider is not sure what injuries you suffered and the severity of the injury. Until you treat and return to pre-accident status or one of your physicians tells you that you have permanent injuries caused by the auto accident, then, and only then, are you in a position to evaluate the value of the claim. Make sure you follow the recommendations of your doctors or other health care providers and you don't any significant gaps in your treatment. Also, do not give a recorded statement to the adverse insurance company as that can only be used against you. Should you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact me to discuss at the number below.

The Law Offices of Mark Wm. Hofgard, Esq.

The driver of the car that hit you is probably negligent, and you may have a claim for damages resulting from the accident. You should see a physician to obtain a medical opinion of your injuries. Get a copy of the police report so that you can document the accident and who is at fault. A claim can be made against the driver's insurance policy. While you can do this yourself, working with an attorney may help to increase the settlement. If you do not settle your case, you must your lawsuit in Arizona within two years of the accident, or you will lose your rights.

Answer By Richard Johnson

You're entitled to claim injury-related medical / chiropractic expenses, lost earnings / loss of earnings capacity, and any other out of pockets. You're entitled to claim for the nature and extent of the injuries sustained, pain, suffering, disability and loss of enjoyment of life activities. The overall value of the claim is dependent on multiple factors that have to be evaluated at the conclusion of your course of medical treatment, including will you have a full recovery from the injuries, or will you have a life long impairment / disability? If so, what is the severity residual? How will that affect your life activities?

Answer By Lawrence Adler
Adler Law Group, LLC

You have a good claim. The value depends on the amount of treatment, the cost and the permanancy rating your doctor gives. Keep in mind the insurance company will offer you only a small percentage of the value if you don't have an attorney.

Answer By Barry Regar

You will be compensated if you either settle your claim with the negligent party or their insurance company or file a lawsuit against the negligent party or parties within 2 years of the date of the accident. If you don't do either one, you will lose your legal rights regarding this accident. You should consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer to have your legal rights and obligations explained to you. Remember insurance adjusters are not your friend and they will most often not offer you a reasonable sum to settle your case.