Is there a way I can sue the driver of the car I was riding in? - Auto Accident Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Is there a way I can sue the driver of the car I was riding in?

I suffered a whiplash on 6/19/12. I am still suffering from it.

Answer By B. L. Conway
Conway Law Pllc.

Yes, Make a Claim against all Negligent Parties.

Joel H. Schwartz, P.C.

If the driver is at least 1% at fault for the accident, then you may have a claim against him. However, certain criteria must be met in Massachusetts to qualify for a claim for pain and suffering.

Mosley, Engelman & Jones, LLP

Certainly. If you were a passenger in a car and were injured in an accident you can sue the driver or the person who was at fault. Often times these claims can be resolved by your lawyer through the insurance company without the necessity of filing a lawsuit. Please feel free to contact my office for a free consultation.

Answer By Thomas E. Gates

If the driver has insurance, you can file a claim against his insurance policy.

Yes you can.

Answer By Jared Altman

Answer By Alan H. Segal
Law Office of Alan H. Segal

In Massachusetts you need to have over $2000 in medical expenses or a broken bone in order to sue the responsible party for an automobile accident for pain and suffering. Nevertheless, you can still collect from his insurance company for payment of medical bills.

Answer By Dennis P. Mikko

If your injury arises to a serious impairment of a bodily function and the driver was negligent and the negligence caused your injury you would have a claim against the driver. You would be well advised to have the claim evaluated by an attorney specializing in personal injury matters. Most attorneys working in this area of the law work on a contingent fee basis. That means there is no attorney fee unless there is a recovery.

Answer By James P Kelaher

If the driver of the car in which you were a passenger was the person who caused the accident, then you can bring a claim against that person.

If the Driver was negligent meaning he did something wrong the answer is yes you can sue him.