Is animal porn illegal? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Is animal porn illegal?

Not in most places. Check with a local criminal lawyer to be certain if you want to indulge this taste.

Answer By Sue Basko
Lawyer for Indie Media

A person having sex acts with an animal is called bestiality. Images or videos of bestiality are considered obscenity and are illegal to produce, distribute, or own. These acts are also illegal as mistreatment of animals. If such images or videos are placed on the internet or put into the mail or private carrier, they are in interstate commerce and the crime becomes federal.

What is animal porn? Two animals having sex? That is nature. A human having sex is bestiality, and is a crime in most states. When you record it calling it porn, you provide evidence to the prosecutor with which to prosecute you.

Answer By Jayne Sebby

If you're talking about two animals of the same species having natural sexual relations, no that's not illegal. If you're talking about beastiality (sex between a human and an animal), yes, that's usually illegal.

If you mean animal on animal, I don't think so. If you mean human on animal, I would think it is illegal. Besides, that is just sick!!!