In Washington, can I sue the drunk driver who hit my car and left me with injuries? - Accident Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

In Washington, can I sue the drunk driver who hit my car and left me with injuries?

While I was driving to work a drunk driver rammed into my car. The police came to the scene, and first responders also came to help. I didn’t think I was badly hurt, so I refused medical attention. Now, I have back, shoulder and neck problems. Can I sue the person?

Answer By Jason Epstein
Premier Law Group

Yes, you can sue them. Also, there may be insurance that they have that will cover your injuries. You should probably speak to an experienced personal injury attorney to help you navigate this.

Mercado & Hartung

Yes you may have a claim. If you have not visited a doctor you should do so. Keep track of all medical issues and do not sign anything from the insurance company until you have spoken with an attorney about your rights.

Magnuson Lowell P.S.

Yes you certainly can. Even if the driver is drunk, if he has insurance, his insurance company will usually provide him with coverage. You should seek out a qualified personal injury attorney to assist you. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this further. There is no charge for the call; and we typically represent injured clients on a contingency basis - so there is no fee to you if there is no recovery.

Answer By Steven L. Shaw
Shaw Law Firm

Yes. But you might want to start by making a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. It's always beneficial to contact a personal injury attorney to get some background on the process, and you may want to hire one to make the claim for you.

Pivotal Law Group, PLLC

Absolutely. You should contact an experienced personal injury attorney right away.