If I was injured at an acupuncture center during an acupuncture appointment, what can I do legally if it happened in Washington? - Accident Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

If I was injured at an acupuncture center during an acupuncture appointment, what can I do legally if it happened in Washington?

I suffer from excruciating pain that has lasted for days because I was severely injured by a therapist while I was at an acupuncture treatment center. I also have numbness and discomfort in the area that had been treated. I am sure some sort of severe damage has been done, and I do not know what to do next. The woman who treated me did not seem to know like she knew what she was doing, left needles in my leg and ankle after the appointment.

Pivotal Law Group, PLLC

You could potentially have a claim for healthcare malpractice. Especially if this continues, you should consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Most will offer a free initial consultation.

Answer By Steven L. Shaw
Shaw Law Firm

Anyone who causes you damages (i.e. injuries) can be held responsible for your loss. You would need to prove that loss by getting examined by a medical doctor to determine what kind of injury you sustained and what treatment, if any, you need. Once you have determined that, you can make a claim against the person who caused your injuries.