How often do auto accident personal injury cases settle out of court if those involved live in Washington? - Accident Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How often do auto accident personal injury cases settle out of court if those involved live in Washington?

Pivotal Law Group, PLLC

Well over 90%, probably closer to 95%, but whether or not your case settles is going to depend on the specific facts of your case.

Magnuson Lowell P.S.

Every case is different - but in general, I would estimate that 90+% of cases settle.

Answer By Jason Epstein
Premier Law Group

Most cases settle out of court, however, really it is a question of whether the insurance company involved makes a reasonable offer. When the insurance company doesn't make reasonable offers, you are forced to file a lawsuit to get what is fair.

Answer By Steven L. Shaw
Shaw Law Firm

That depends on too many factors to answer with any certainty, but of the cases that I take on, about half are settled before filing suit, about half after. A very small percentage actually makes it to a full-blown trial. But that can be different from attorney to attorney - some like to litigate, some hate it. And that doesn't take into consideration all those cases that get settled, or abandoned, by people who never call an attorney.