How long will the alcohol education program last? - DUI Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How long will the alcohol education program last?

I just got hired for a job. Me and my friends celebrated it, got a DUI offense afterwards. I have to attend the program and it might affect my job.

Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC

I'd recommend you retain a lawyer to help you or you ask the court for legal counsel.You have a right to counsel. Don't be afraid to exercise that right. It depends on the type of program ordered by the court and whether you complete it.

Robert Mortland

The class is typically 32 hours/ 3 months. However, it could be as long as 18 months depending on the facts of your case.

Law Office of Elizabeth B. Carpenter, Esq.

There are several alcohol awareness classes that are held on weekends. It should be possible to schedule the class around your work schedule. Otherwise, my advice is to discuss this with your probation officer.

Answer By Mark Thiessen
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law

Usually one week, but every county is different.

One is a two day program, one is a day long, and one is two hours. It will be determined by which one you are required to attend.

Answer By Shawn Kollie
The Short Law Group, P.C.

Alcohol Treatment is a required condition of any DUI Conviction or Diversion Program in Oregon. Dependent on your evaluation with the treatment provider, alcohol treatment can last anywhere from 3 months up to 1 full year. It is important to talk with a DUI Lawyer who is knowledgeable about the different treatment options you have. This can save you both time and money.

Answer By John E DeVito
DeVito & Visconti, PA

The Alcohol Education Program in Massachusetts is a 40 hour program that runs over a 16 week period. You are required to attend a 2 hour class each week for 16 weeks. Classes are usually during the evening to accommodate those who work during the day. In addition to the 32 hours of classroom time; 8 hours of AA and MADD must be attended.

Answer By Wayne Brucar
Brucar & Yetter, P.C.

The amount of classes you will have to take will depend on the level you are given on your alcohol evaluation. You are looking at anything from 10 to 75 hours of classes and aftercare.

The alcohol class related to a DUI is dependent on the evaluation or alcohol assessment you obtain as part of the intake process.

Often these are a weekend program depends on the particular program. You have to ask the program people.