How do I sue Chevrolet dealership? - Defense Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How do I sue Chevrolet dealership?

I trade in my car for a new car I took the new car for about 2 weeks or less I returned the car because I did not approve for it. I got my car back when I got it back my stereo was missing gone. I went back like 4 times trying to get this resolved I have a paper that said the stereo model and brand and said that they would refund me the money for it or replace it. The stereo is worth $700 and they gave me a $250 check for it I told them I did not want it and they need replace my stereo what do I do what type lawyer do I need?

Answer By John J. Carney
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.

You will find it hard to find a lawyer who will deal with a case for $500 when they bill at $300 an hour. You do not need a lawyer. You can go to small claims court and file a claim and have your case heard by a local judge for $20.

You take them to small claims court for the amount. Go to the District Court here the dealership is located. They will have forms to do this with instructions.

Answer By Clinton Nash
Nash Law Group PC

In Colorado, you might consider bringing a small claims court action (claims under $7,500). This would likely be handled by a general practice lawyer. Honestly you are likely to pay an attorney more than what you receive.

Answer By James P Kelaher

Before you go to the expense of a lawyer you might want to try filing a complaint with the better business bureau. I have seen instances where they get issues resolved for people.

Yo should file a case in small claims court. You really do not need an attorney who would cost more than your case is worth.

Answer By Andrew Velonis

Take them to small claims court, that's what it's for. You don't need a lawyer for this.

You should consult an attorney.

Coulter's Law

Find a lawyer with familiarity with consumer fraud.

Do you have the receipt for the stereo? Give them a copy of the receipt if that does not work take them to small claims you will need a receipt if you don't have one go back to who ever sold it to you and get another receipt.

Answer By John F Brennan

This is a contract action, and I suspect that if an attorney letter is sent they will replace your missing stereo. You problem is going to be that the attorney's fees, if the matter goes beyond the letter stage, could easily exceed the value of your recovery.