How do I remove my live in boyfriend from my home? - Divorce Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How do I remove my live in boyfriend from my home?

We have been together for 2.5 years but have not lived together all this time.

Answer By Joseph Gufford
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.

An eviction and/or ejectment action may be the trick.

Answer By Joanna Mitchell
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.

If he won't leave voluntarily, then you may have to evict him. You can only evict him if his name is not on the lease or deed of the home.

Answer By Robert McCall

File with the clerk of courts an Eviction case.

You don't indicate whether you own or rent your home, or whether your live-in boyfriend is on the deed, the mortgage, or a lease. Assuming that he isn't on anything and that you own your home, or that you rent your home and you are on the lease but he is not, you could file an ejectment action to remove him from your home. Consult with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case and your options.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A

Are you thinking about an eviction? Has he been violent with you? If so, you could file an injunction case.

Home Town Law, P.A.

You should pursue an action for unlawful detainer under Chapter 82 of the Florida Statutes (provided he has not paid any rent monies). This action is analogous to an eviction action but is used to remove unwanted guests/guests who overstayed their "visit". It would be best to obtain the assistance of an attorney. All the best.