How can I take care of my out of state bench warrant? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How can I take care of my out of state bench warrant?

I had to go to court for speeding 84+ mph. I got my license suspended, community service, and had to take a drivers ed class and $500 fine. I missed my compliance hearing because i had to move out of state which enabled me to comply as well.

You should hire an attorney in the state where the bench warrant is or you may have to go to the other state if you are trying to take care of it without an attorney.

Consult with an attorney in the state where the warrant exists and have him assist you.

If you missed a mandatory court appearance it is likely that the court will have issued a warrant for your arrest. Now, your driver's license will be pearmanently suspended until this matter is resolved. You should plan to return to the county where this is pending, go to the court and see what needs to be done to make corrections, even if you are arrested. Otherwise, consider hiring an attorney to resolve this for you.

Answer By Jared Altman

You must go back.

Answer By Terry Nelson

Hire an attorney in that state, or at least consult one to determine what is required.

Answer By Thomas E. Gates

You must make a court appearance to deal with the warrant.

Law Office of Michael E. Dailey

You may get this resolved though an attorney in your current state of residence or you may need to contact one in the jurisdiction where it happened. Sometimes local attorneys can get better results than one from long distance. You are most likely not going to get your license back until it is taken care of.

Answer By Steve Freeborn

You are going to have to retain the services of an attorney in the state where the warrant is. Hopefully he can resolve it without you having to come back.

You need to turn yourself in on the warrant. Most times we can get it set so you don't spend any more time in jail.

You go to the court where the bench warrant was issued, or you retain an attorney to appear on your behalf.