How can I locate an attorney who might be retired? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How can I locate an attorney who might be retired?

I am trying to locate and contact an attorney who might be retired. How do I get in touch with him or get the file? I am unable to find any contact information for him.

Contact the State Bar of California or Google their website. They should have a record of him.

Answer By Kevin O'Grady
The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady

Contact the Hawaii State Bar Association.

Answer Applies to: Hawaii

Answer By Samuel Harrison
Harrison & Harrison

Start with the State Bar of Georgia. If he is retired or deceased , theymay have a last known address. That should give you a starting point. If you know where he used to practice, call some of the lawyers in that area. They may have an address or another way to contact the person you are looking for. Lawyers are not required to keepfile forever. The bar has published suggested guidelines about file retention. Depending on the subject and the time that has passed since it was closed, the lawyer's file may no longer exist.

Answer By Seth J. Bloom
Bloom Legal, LLC

You may be able to contact the local bar association to see if they have any information on him. If the attorney in question practiced in Louisiana, you can find contact information for the Louisiana Bar Association online.

Answer By John Carney

The New York Bar Association has the registered office number of every attorney in New York, but if he has given up his office you may have to use an online locater service. The Bar Association does not keep the cell phone of attorneys, but if he was a member of the Assigned Counsel Plan they will have his cell number if it is the same as when he was practicing.

Write to the state board of professional resp.

Answer By B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones

I would contact the Florida Bar, many retired lawyers maintain their bar memberships. Good luck.

Law Offices of Scott G. Hilderman

You should contact the state bar association; depending on how long he has been retired they may be able to help.

Answer Applies to: Montana

I would contact the State of Illinois bar or the Stae of Illinois Disciplinary and Registry Department to see if the lawyer is still in practice. However, if he is retired, I am not able to answer where to look for this lawyer.

The Law Offices of Stephen M. Wiles, LLC

Hire a private investigator. Deep South Investigations, Inc. is excellent.