How can I have a warrant for my arrest dismissed? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How can I have a warrant for my arrest dismissed?

Have a court appearance scheduled and have your attorney address it with the judge.

The only way a Warrant iswithdrawn is to answer it in person. Go to the Court that issued it and ask for itto be withdrawn and bring bail with you to make sure they don't keep you. It would be good to have an attorney with you as well. Good luck.

Answer By Gregory Casale
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law

The only way to have a warrant removed is to appear in court to sunder yourself. In some instances, where the charges are minor misdemeanors an attorney can appear on your behalf, if there are logistical reasons why you cannot appear yourself.

Answer By Lacy Fields
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC

If an attorney enters on your case, they can often have the warrant recalled (aka quashed, cancelled) However, if you have failed to appear to court dates several times, or if it is a serious crime, they may refuse to recall the warrant. They may at least want you to turn yourself in to be booked, processed, and then cut loose.

Castleberry & Elison

In most cases, the only way to clear up an arrest warrant is to turn yourself in and appear before a judge on the warrant. Depending on the what the warrant is for, your lawyer may be able to arrange for you to appear on the warrant without being taken into custody. If the warrant was issued in error, the judge should dismiss the warrant at the time of your appearance.

Wheater you can get the warrant dismissed depends on the facts. You need a good attorney.

Answer By Michael Brodsky
Law Office of Michael Brodsky

An arrest warrant can be "quashed", usually by appearing in court and explaining why you missed court or failed to respond to a summons. But often showing up, particularly if you are unrepresented, could end you up in jail or at least needing to post bail. A good attorney can minimize the chances of that happening or at least argue for a release on personal recognizance or lower bail. *Please note that this is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Attorney at Law

You cannot have a "warrant" issued by a judge dismissed without appearing in court and confronting the issues involved. You need to contact an attorney immediately.

Answer By Richard Goolsby

> We recommend you retain a criminal defense attorney and discuss all the facts and reasons why you contend there is a deficiency in the warrant. Your lawyer will discuss with you all your rights and options. Good luck!

If it is because you did not appear in court, schedule a court appearance and go.