How can bring my girlfriend from Iran to the USA? - Immigration Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

How can bring my girlfriend from Iran to the USA?

I have green card and I would like to bring my girlfriend to the USA from IRAN. We have known each other for 6 years. What can I do to get her here as quickly as possible?

Answer By Floyd Fernandez

I believe that it has to begin with marriage, or at least engagement. If you want to discuss the matter further, you may contact me via e-mail or phone to set up a formal consultation, either done in person or on phone. Best to you.

Answer By Carlos Sandoval
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.

If you qualify for citizenship you should apply right now. If you don't qualify you should marry your fiance and petition for her.

You cannot do anything for her if she is your girlfriend. You would need to marry and then you can petition for her as your wife and the process currently will take about a year or so.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you might have.

Law Offices of Daniel Richardson

There is such a thing as a fiance visa, but only citizens are eligible for that.

441 Legal Group, Inc.

You can either file a fiance visa for her or go to Iran and marry her and file for her.

Answer By Linda Liang

Unfortunately, as green card holder, you do not have privilege to bring fiance to USA. However, if you guys get married, you can bring her as spouse. The wait time is around 2-3 years.

You will bear burden to prove the bona fides of your relationship. In order to avoid expensive mistake, I strongly suggest you to work with a lawyer from the start. You are more than welcome to give us a call if you need help.

Thank you and best regards.