Do I get any of my bail money back? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Do I get any of my bail money back?

Bailed out a case that was reduced to a misdemeanor. I never missed a court date.

Not from the bondsman. His job was done when you hit the streets.

Depends on whether you paid it to a bondsman or the court. If the court then you should get the money back.

Answer By Gregory Casale
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law

Whoever posted the bail is entitled to its return if you resolved that case and it was never revoked. It sounds like a yes to me. All information and analysis provided herein is for Massachusetts law and Massachusetts cases, ONLY. If your matter or question involves the laws of another state please disregard this post and seek advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in the applicable state. For additional resources of Gregory Casale Attorney At Law, please download our app.

Answer By Jared Austin

If you paid a bail bondsman, you will not get any back as that is how they make their money. If you bonded out through the court then that will be applied towards your fines and costs. If any is left over you would get that back, but that is not likely.

You get the money less a 10% fee.

Depending on what you mean by "bail money". If you posted the entire bail yourself, you should receive this money back once your case is over. However, if you posted bail through a bail bondsman, the money you paid to the bondsman is the premium on your bail and is not refundable.

Depends upon how you posted the bail. If through a bondsman, no. If through the court, you may be entitled to portion or all the bond. You need to check with your specific court.

Answer By James Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith

No Insurance company already paid.