Can a person be arrested for disorderly conduct inside a police station after being detained for investigation? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Can a person be arrested for disorderly conduct inside a police station after being detained for investigation?

If a person is brought into a police facility in an area that is not accessible to the public for investigation. Can this person be legally charged with disorderly conduct inside the Police Station in Phila Pennsylvania.

Answer By Sean Logue
Law Offices of Sean Logue

Law Offices of John J. Ferry, Jr.

I'm a bit confused by the question. Are the police claiming that you engaged in disorderly conduct while in the police station, or are you saying that they were questioning you about an incident and they decided to arrest you during the interrogation? Either way the answer is yes. The lesson is don't talk to the police without consulting with your lawyer first. You have the right to remain silent, but people still talk their way into getting charged. You should review your specific case with your lawyer, being sure to specifically discuss whether what you said can be excluded from trial.

Answer By Carina Laguzzi
Laguzzi Law, P.C.

You can be charged but can fight the case. Next time when you are inside a place where you can easily be arrested don't do anything to get you into any trouble.