Can I sue the doctor in the ER if he missed several broken bones in my back and said that the x-ray showed nothing? - Injury Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Can I sue the doctor in the ER if he missed several broken bones in my back and said that the x-ray showed nothing?

I went to the ER. I told them my back is in severe pain. It's very hard for me to walk. They only gave me an x-ray but they said that it showed nothing. I took it upon myself to ask my doctor for a CAT scan and I have several broken bones in my back. My doctor said it's impossible to miss several broken bones in back.

You have to prove damages. How did the misdiagnosis cause you any damages for the period of time between the misdiagnosis and the ct scan?

Answer By Richard M. Levy
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.

Yes and maybe the hospital and other doctors there. You should promptly consult with a lawyer.

Answer By Andrew Velonis

You would have to prove how much worse off you are due to the failure to have discovered the fractures.