Can I go to jail for not attending my dui classes? - Criminal Law Questions and Answers- LawQA.com

Can I go to jail for not attending my dui classes?

Can I go to jail for not attending my dui classes? I couldnt pay for them at the time single mom and take care of my mom.

Yes you would be in violation of your probation and subject to up to the maximum for the offense of which you were convicted.

Lowenstein Law Office

It depends on several factors.

A.L.A. Law Group, LLP

It will be considered a probation violation for failing to complete the classes. You should speak with an attorney right away about representing you on your probation violation. You need to get an extension on the date of completion of your classes so you can still complete them before your probation period is up. It will be considered a probation violation is you fail to do the classes altogether and you could be sentenced to jail time for that, however, it is up to the judge to determine what the punishment is for failure to complete the classes. If the judge does ask for jail time you can always ask for cal trans but they will probably feel you are unlikely to complete that on time as you have failed to complete the classes.

Law Office of William R Fuhrman

Attendance and completion of the First Conviction Program [FCP] or similar DUI classes was a condition of probation that the Court imposed when you were sentenced. If you violate this or any other condition of probation, the Court can revoke your probation and impose new conditions, including time in jail. You should return to court and request that the judge give you more time to complete the classes or, perhaps, modify this provision of probation. However, DMV will not restore your driver's license until you complete the FCP. Before you go to court to make the request I suggest, you should consult an attorney to insure that there are no related issues.

Not taking your DUI classes is a violation of your probation. Violation of your probation can end you up in jail. To keep out of jail make arrangements to take the classes and go to your court before the due date on your probation and ask for an extension.

Answer By Thomas Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller

You probably are not in danger of jailbut you will lose your license until you do. If that occurs you can go back to court and ask the judge to rerefer you to a program.

Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC

Yes. Completing your mandatory alcohol education class is a term of your probation. If you do not complete this course before your proof of completion date and you do not get an extension from the judge, you could be found guilty of a separate misdemeanor offense of a probation violation. This requires another court hearing and may ultimately lead to your arrest.

Answer By Dennis Roberts

yes

Answer By Jeff Yeh

Yes you can. One of the terms of probation is to complete the classes. By missing them and getting kicked out, you are in violation of probation.

Answer By Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum

Yes it's possible. Even if you can't afford them you need to keep going. The classes are not supposed to kick you out if you can't pay. They can withhold completion until you pay, but you need to keep going for the whole time.